Sunday 3 July 2016

Wetlands Serene Scenery

Now this was one of the cards that immediately popped into my head when I first saw the brilliant Serene Scenery papers back in April at the UK On Stage event....
It has been a while since I have used Wetlands... and it is just perfect for the job...
So how to make one for yourself...

1. Cut the paper in half (3") and trim off to 11.9cm for an A6 card (guess 3" x 4 1/4" for US Standard card?)
2. Put temporary glue on the back of the paper panel and stick centrally on card front
3. Ink up and stamp the birds. Tip- I used the Tip Top Taupe ink pad and highlighted the bird bodies and legs with an Early Espresso marker pen. Makes it pop more...
4. Ink up and stamp a few foliage images. Tip - again Tip Top Taupe pad plus Early Espresso marker
5. Ink up and stamp Versamark greeting . Add white embossing powder and heat to melt
6. Emboss paper using Seaside embossing folder. Tip - my sky isn't embossed...didn't seem right!
7. Adhere panel to white mat (8 x 12.3cm - or 3 1/4" x 4 1/2" for US card?)
8. Adhere to card front

And here is the simpler version without the Seaside embossing stage... and with just Tip Top Taupe inking up...
I just LOVE this piece of paper.... Lovely little simple but stunning cards... in a flash!
And a perfect card for me to submit to this week's Freshly Made Sketches FMS 243 challenge. First timer challenge entry alert! (actually 2nd ever if I am totally truthful) 

But I have to say that I really love this sketch... most of the cards submitted are fabulous as it is just such a great sketch Amy...
 
Edited to Add: 
Oh my!! I was selected as a a Perfect Princess by Kim of the Freshly Made Sketches Team... what an honour as there were lots and lots of fabulous entries... and I am a complete novice at a challenge entry! And so I have a badge to share with you now!!

18 comments:

Jill said...

Gorgeous, love this paper too, will have to try this one.
Jill

Anne said...

Very effective Amanda. I'm undecided re the paper. Looked at it when I was at Julie's - still unsure - like the one you've used and one or two others- just not sure would use them all. Your card is fab though and I'm tempted :-) x

Amanda said...

Thanks Jill... The paper does just lend itself to the card!

Amanda said...

It is a great paper pack Anne... More patterns to love than usual in a pack for me...so useful.... Hopefully I will change your mind over the next week or two!

Karen Watts said...

Love this Amanda, its on my to do list. k x

Amanda said...

Thanks Karen... And yes I thought you would like this one!

Amy O said...

Beautifully designed! I love how the birds trail off the main panel. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Julie Marshall said...

This card is fabulous!

Amanda said...

Thank you Julie... It almost makes you want to go for a swim...! Such is the photo realism of the papers.....

Sharon M said...

I love this card. I have the stamp set so I will have to try this. I hope I can make it look half as nice as yours. So beautiful.

Amanda said...

Thank you Sharon. Enjoy creating and I am sure yours will look just as nice!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully card,Amanda.

Peter, from the netherlands

A Crafty Cat said...

Love your card Amanda so much so, if you don't mind, I will case it this weekend for my class.
Australia

Amanda said...

Thank you...and I hope you class enjoy it as much as mine did!

Tracy said...

Gasp.....Beautiful, beautiful card, Amanda!! It's so realistic! I can almost hear those annoying seagulls "Mine, Mine" Ãœ Well Done, Girl ♥

Amanda said...

Thanks Tracy... Now why did I not think to put a few flying seagulls in the sky too!! Just a tick or two... Thanks for inspiring me to that thought.....

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Tracey...so please to find instructions when I clicked the Pinterest picture.. Love card & techniques :-)

Amanda said...

Thank you so much... this simple quick little card has definitely been a hit around the world! Amanda