Friday 22 April 2011

BIg Shot Workout - Chupa Chup Daisy & Watering Can

Just when you all thought my immaturity was over with the Easter Bunny box..... I just had to make a lollipop daisy!!! 

We made Lollipop flowers with oval punches last  year at Bev's workshop and I also made lots for my son's birthday party last year for a treasure hunt in the woods!!

But look at these made just using the SU! Daisies #2 die and the Square Lattice embossing folder... I am in heaven ( as I have always been a daisy fan since I first got into papercrafting!!)  I don't think that this photo can truly show the difference when you emboss these daisies - suddenly they really come to life!!!

I also thought these might be an alternative idea for some as a simple Easter treat.  (though don't worry friends & family..... you will always get chocolate from me!!)

And we also made a watering can for the daisy to go in..... this is made from the Mini Milk Carton die. This die is so clever... not only does it score the lines for a milk carton... but also has the lines to form a spout... The butterflies are all made using just the one pass of the Beautiful Wings Embosslit die.  This die is amazing - not only does it cut the shapes but it embosses at the same time - fantastic - and there are 4 to choose from..... 

And here is the more grown up version of the daisy.... as chosen by most to make... don't know if that was because it is more grown-up.... or because they all sat there with a lollipop in there mouth!!! So many sweet tooths in one room....! 
If these Big Shot projects interest you  - do remember to check out my Big Shot specials - there is something there for every one/ budget!! And I will be holding another Big Shot class next month too ....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a brilliant idea with the milk carton- such a cute and beautiful watering can. Love the details with the butterfly on the handle! Have been resisting these two dies as have bought too many! Love the idea of a Big Shot class too- hope it continues to do really well x

Sara said...

I've made similar lollipop flowers using the Fun Flowers die but I love how you've texturised the daisy petals. The watering can is really special, such a great idea.

Sara xx