Monday 6 April 2015

CAS Sheltering Tree Spring Blossoms & Tulips…

Amanda Bates at The Craft Spa 558

Well I was popping onto post a lovely tutorial for you for Easter Monday!!

But my PC is on a VERY GO SLOW…and I just have not got the patience!! Sorry! So a very quick share of something simple instead… maybe it will speed up later and I will be back with the tutorial….

In the meantime though I have to say…. please check back with me about 9.30 am on Wednesday 8th April – I think I will have something very exciting to tell you!!!! Up till then my lips are sealed!!

But 2 littles trick to point out on this card….

Firstly - spot the green silhouette behind all the pink blossom…. That is also stamped with the “blossom/leaves” stamp in the Sheltering Trees set…. but using the flat/back side of the stamp instead of the pattern side!!

Yes I inked up the “wrong side” of my stamp with Pistachio Pudding, then stamped off onto scrap paper & then then stamped onto the tree branches to form the silhouette.

This was a tip shared at the Stampin’ Up! Leadership event in  the USA earlier in the year…. pretty cool huh….. I have been looking at the flat side of my photopolymer stamps in a totally new light ever since!

Amanda Bates at The Craft Spa 557

And secondly, the “texture” in the sky is added by using the blossoms/leaves stamp the right way round…  Soft Sky inking keeps it nice and subtle….

SU! Products Used

Stamps - Sheltering Tree

Inks – Pistachio Pudding, Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, Sahara Sand

Card – Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Rose Red

No comments: