Saturday 25 April 2015

How I shall miss thee! Retiring List Stamps Review

As promised…here is my review of stamps on this years Retired List that I shall sorely miss using…. click on the product picture to go straight to my store or click on the project picture to go to the relevant earlier blog post…

So not in any particular order…..

Around The World. Gosh this has had a lot of use for mini books & Project Life. Think this will probably be a keeper… Still available in wood and clear.

Around the World

Around the World, Flashback, Flip n Fold Mini Book, INSIDE, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, 2014-07

Apothecary Art. Used this set so much over the years…really sad to see it go… still available in Wood & Clear. Ooh… Wood only £2 more than clear. Though the co-ordinating Labels Collection Framelits now out of stock so gone forever… Can’t believe I didn’t blog these Diorama cards before…

Apothecary Art

2012_10_The Craft Spa_Xmas Cards & Treats (30)

Memorable Moments. Really great Numbers and Words set. Hope there is a good “replacement” for me in the new catty…… or these will have to be another keeper! Still available in both wood and clear – again wood mount less than £2 more than the clear now….

Memorable Moments

2012_10_The Craft Spa_Xmas Cards & Treats (28)

@So Social. Just really really surprised to see this go so soon… We have had great fun using this is in our Project Life sessions and on quite a few cards too… Think this may have to be a keeper for me actually!! Still available in both Wood & Clear.

Sorry no projects to share as I can’t find them in my Pictures folder… but I can share one of the cards in its previous form… and note that the Make Note Rotary stamp in that one has also retired… and now I have just realised why all my customers have rushed to buy this little stamp at just £2.75!! I think there may be a few of you that will need the Word Window punch now too!!

(@)Sosocial Clear-Mount Stamp Set by Stampin' Up! Make Note This and That Rotary Stamp (English)

2014_04_Team Training_Stepped Up_Swap_Teen Male_iPhone5_Make Note (2)

Embellished Events. Many of you will be surprised to see this on here… but I use this stamp set for my “Beginners” classes…as there are great images and words too… so one stamp set, a couple of inks and a bit of card mean ladies go away with a simple kit they can make cards etc with for so many occasions straightaway….and then forever more… Only left in Wood…

It really is a great little set… and used for some of my favourite cards – whether the very very simple ones or the easy but fancier… none of which I appear to have blogged before…..

Embellished Events

Embellished Events, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, ind. Stampin Up UK Demonstrator  (24)Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, SU UK demonstrator 038Embellished Events, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, ind. Stampin Up UK Demonstrator  (44)Embellished Events, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, ind. Stampin Up UK Demonstrator  (19)

 

Label Love – still available in Wood & Clear. Artisan Label punch retiring too…. but punch has already gone forever…

Label Love

Scallop Tag Concertina Card,2014_03_Baby Girl Mia Ruby 017

Petite Pairs EDITED TO ADD… Appears this has had a reprieve – I can definitely see it in the new catty!!
I used this one SO much over the years. Though I am sure SU! will give me a good replacement in the new catty….. Still available in Wood and Clear mount. But no reduction on this one!

Petite Pairs

Wildflower Meadow So Sad! Still available in wood , clear and the embossing folder is still there too…

Wildflower Meadow

2013_06,Jems Team New Catty Swap,Happy Day, Wildflower Meadow (3)

And lastly my one definite keeper – Dictionary – gone for good in stamp form – though still available as a MDS download… I really hope that there is a great new alternative to this stamp….

Dictionary Stamp Brush - Digital Download

Remember my Convention swap card… which I naughtily nicknamed the car tax disc card!

2014_01, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, SAB, Jems Blog Hop, Too Kind, See Ya Later (1)

And  the Too Kind stamps used here are also on the Retiring List… still available in Wood only… Definitely one I will miss…

Too Kind

And here was a CAS Christmas Santa’s List card that I don’t appear to have shared on here before…

2013_08_Xmas Cards_Amanda Bates_The Craft Spa (16)

So another bit of a trip down Memory Lane here… and as a result - unfortunately for me - now a few more stamp sets moving over to the Keep Box… Maybe Memory Lane is not such a good idea for me after all!!!

No comments: