Friday 12 February 2016

Bloomin' Love Mother's Day 5" Square Joy Fold Card with Tutorial

A few stories behind this card... but here is a 12.5cm (almost 5") Square Joy Fold Card specially dressed for Mother's Day...
First off... a Mother's Day card in February!? Isn't this usually the month for Valentine's, Wedding Anniversary and even Weddings at The Craft Spa classes! But this year in the UK... Mother's Day is so early in March that I suddenly realised I had to make Mother's Day cards for classes too...
Secondly... I haven't made a Joy Fold Card for years! Probably about 4-5 years at least.... But I had some papers to use for class... and I suddenly felt the urge! Then I discovered that I was out of large 6" square envelopes... so I had to quickly design a 5"ish (12.5cm really) version to fit in the only square envelopes I had!
And I am liking this shrunken version...the central card being just 3" and really cute!
Simple ... but very effective... and seeing as it is Friday... Fancy Fold Friday! A very quick Tutorial for you....

Recipe
A4 card Crumb Cake 12.5 x 19cm
A4 card Crumb Cake 3" x 6"
A4 card Whisper White 2 3/4" Square (x2)
Papers - Front LHS & Inside LHS - 6 x 12cm (x2 - different papers)
            - Front Back - 12 cm Square
            - Inside RHS -  2 3/4" Square

Instructions
1. Score LANDSCAPE larger Crumb Cake panel at 12.5 cm
2. Score LANDSCAPE smaller Crumb Cake panel at 3"
3. Adhere all parts

If you need pictures/videos to aid you visually... then please just check out the Joy Fold Card Tutorial in the Split Coast Stampers resources section here... the dimensions will of course be different... but the principle is the same...
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

Wendie Waldman said...

Absolutely beautiful.

Amanda said...

Thank you Wendie...glad you like it!