Monday 21 March 2016

Handbag Mini Book Tutorial for Memory Making Monday

Well I had a bit of a reaction when I posted this project on Saturday...so I thought I had better get toute suite onto the tutorial for you!

Bear in mind that this explosion box bag can be left plain and used simply as a treat bag as well as adding the stars, mats and photos and making it into a mini book as I have done here... multi talented project or what!

Craft Spa Recipe


Products used
Stamps-  Party Pants (SAB)
Designer Series Paper (DSP) - It’s My Party
Framelits- Deco Labels
Framelits - Stars
Enamel Dots- It’s My Party
Bow Paper Clips (x2)
Ribbon White Cotton x 12”

Card & Papers Recipe
DSP Melon Mambo Stripe 12x12”
(D) Card Thick Wh. White 4 1/2” x 4”
(D) DSP Stars 3 ¾” x 3 ½”
Card Crushed Curry 3 ¾” Square (x3)
Card Melon Mambo 3 ¾” Square (x2)
Card Mint Macaron 3 ¾” Square (x4)
DSP Stars 3 ½” Square (x5)
(ST) DSP Stars 3” x 12” L
Card Melon Mambo scraps
where (D) is for die-cutting and (ST) for Stamping


Instructions
1. Score 12x12 paper at 4” and 8” (use either your score board or your trimmer!)(Note – this orientation will be the top and bottom of the bag) 
2. Turn 90 degrees, Score at 4” and 8”(Note – this orientation will be the left and right hand sides of the bag)
3. Mark top and bottom at 6” 

4. OPTIONAL. Mark 4 corners of inner square (makes it SO much easier to see what you are doing!!!)

5. Score 4 corners (each outer corner to corresponding marked inner corner) TIP – using the Diagonal Score plate makes this easy! Score Top left corner and Bottom Right corner, Turn paper 90 degrees. Then score Top left corner and Bottom Right corner
6. Trim each corner across diagonally (ie cut corner triangle off as per the black line!) & retain the trimmed off sections TIP – square things off by placing the previously cut side up against the Top Bar – Top Tip Louise! Thanks!)
    
6. Using a ruler, score - and then crease - from 6” marks on sides to corresponding marked inner corners

7. Valley Bone Fold all straight score-lines

8. Mountain Bone Fold all Diagonal Score lines. Note that you will fold your inner section scorelines in the opposite direction to how you folded them before…
 
9. Mark 2 x Stars Square panels at 1 ¾”

10. Cut from mark to opposing corners

11. Mark 2 x Mint Macaron Square panels at 1 7/8”
12. Cut from mark to opposing corners
 
13. Trim 4 paper corners to size using trimmer (Sorry - photos flipped themselves around! But I am sure you will get the idea!)
14. Die cut Whisper White & Stars Paper Deco Labels

15. Adhere parts together & score centre of Deco Label
16. Adhere ribbon to white side of bottom section of Deco Label (ie the bit that will get stuck onto the bag so you won’t be able to see it!)

17. Die cut card and paper stars (Note : I used 3 ¾” Square card pieces to cut the card stars out of as that was easier in a class situation… but you could get away with a smaller piece if you are doing this for yourself!!)

18. OPTIONAL. Stamp paper stars as required. NOTE – these star sections can be used/ are intended for photos

15. Adhere all parts

9 comments:

Karen Watts said...

Thanks Amanda k x

Anne said...

Thanks Amanda. Great tutorial and I shall be giving it a go! X

Gail said...

Thanks for sharing!!

Amanda said...

My pleasure Karen!

Amanda said...

My pleasure Gail....

Amanda said...

My pleasure Mary Jo...

Amanda said...

My pleasure Anne...look forward to seeing what you create....

Kristine said...

WOOT!! So happy to see your tutorial... and sorry if I added to the pressure of doing one up! LOL. I just love your fabby tutorials and I'm excited to get started on this tonight I hope! :) Thanks so much!

Amanda said...

Lol... My pleasure! And I hope the creating tonight is a success!