Monday 13 June 2016

Detailed Floral Phrases Roses - and a few tips....

 
Love the rose image in the Floral Phrases set... Armed with scissors you can have a gorgeous individual rose image in about 30 seconds... or about a minute will result in a couple of leaf sprays which come in handy too...
And I have to admit that the rose & leaves image detracted from my liking of the stamp set at first... In fact I wasn't going to buy the bundle... but then I realised I could get the clear mount bundle for free from Stampin' Up! with some of my earned rewards... and so I did... phew... as I love the greetings... and this image after all....

So back to the card... it started off life as the super CAS panel... but I noticed that there was a mark on my panel so I couldn't stamp a Floral Phrases greeting as intended... so my Hostess Time of Year stamp set was still out... and the banner made for a great cover up job... 
So first tip for you here (of 3) ... the mark was because a piece of die cut scrap was on my Precision Plate when I went to cut the next panel...so when the pressure was applied through the Big Shot... there was a small dent left behind... so make sure you don't have any scraps lying around on your plate!!

Back to the card... I thought it was a bit... plain... so I faffed around with a few ideas and then realised that that rose would make a great add on... these are second stampings ( ie ink ued in Night of Navy, stamped off onto a scrap of paper, and then stamped on Thin Whisper White card) And yes I had to use the leaves too... I do like my fussy cutting!!
And a second tip for you (of 3) ...for the rose... you can cut it out at different sizes... really easy as there are the lines there for you to cut round... so my top left rose is full size...whereas my bottom right rose is smaller....
And a third tip(s) for you... for the die-cutting of the Detailed Floral dies... which I am finding really straightforward!! After a bit of playing around initially... Which is incredible with this amount of detail....

For me the recommended Precision Plate is key... with the multipurpose platform with both tabs... 

I roll the die and card through twice...  I also then flip the die and card over and roll it through again (so for a 3rd time)... so this time the die is cutting through onto the plastic plate... and suddenly some extra magic happens....

Then the bits are just falling off... a tap or two of the die resulting in most of the bits dropping out... if not... a quick brush with the die cut brush and everything is out.... I think I have only had to poke out 2-3 of the tiniest bits on a few cuts...







No comments: