Sunday 21 January 2018

Petal Palette for Colour INKspiration Challenge #C125

So a New Year brings a new intent and some changes to ways of working... So I have decided to do as many a good Stampin Up! demo does... and start to enter a few creative challenges during 2018...

So first up... a colour challenge... care of the Colour INKspiration Facebook group... Tricia Raineri chose this yummy & summery inspiration pic for #CI25. And we could also other neutrals such as Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand or metallics in the challenge project.
I can't tell you how happy I was working with this combination... light, bright, summery and right up my blues and greens street.... love it! So much so... that I couldn't stop with just the one project that I entered for the challenge... so more to come...

But for today... my entry to the Challenge... a small Bridge U Fold card as per this Tutorial I shared last year... though I only used the one box section/insert for the birdie perch.... so that was scored at 1.5cm from each side from a 11.5cm x 2.5cm high panel...
Featuring mainly Petal Palette... a lovely stamp and die bundle...
Along with Tutti Frutti papers... which have a fabulous range of colours on the "plain side". Great 6x6 pack to have in stock...
Stamped greeting from Picture Perfect Birthday... a greeting that I just can't stop using...
And finished off with a doubled die cut greeting from the fantastic Sale A Bration promotion die set, Celebrate You (yours for free with a £90 order) and which is, for the first time, a Sale A Bration  item that will continue for sale into the new Annual Catalogue come 1st June so long may it reign!
And some details for you...

I didn't colour in many of the flowers and leaves as I preferred the lightness of the marker duo inked flower images... but where I needed them... I used the Lemon Lime Twist watercolor pencil found exclusively in the Lots of Happy card kit... and just a Blender Pen and Night of Navy ink pad 

The long leaf spray was inked in Lemon Lime Twist... and "marker thumped" with Old Olive to produce some texture/veining... and then fussy cut! The other images being die cut using the Petals & More dies...
Come back tomorrow for another bright and summery card to lighten your day... which I think we all need with all that white stuff tumbling down outside round here....


2 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

This is just fabulous! I seldom think fancy fold or 3D when I make cards but yours are inspiring. Thank you.

Amanda said...

Thanks Jan... such a lovely thing to say... a lot of my fancy folds are actually pretty easy... always worth giving them a go!